This policy covers all users of the website, individuals who sign up for our including guests who make a booking, members of the guest’s party and any other individual about whom we collect personal information.
How I collect data
- When you provide it to me through the use of my website. When you make an enquiry, sign up to our service, add content to your account or make a booking through the Bookalet system.
- Through the use of my website using cookies.
- By contacting us via phone and providing us with your information.
- Occasionally from 3rd party sources.
What information I may collect.
I may collect and process the following data about you:
- Data that you provide by making an enquiry or subscribing to the Bookalet service. This may include name and contact details, information about your properties, your pricing and availability and your customer details.
- Details of any accommodation booking made via the Bookalet forms including guest names and addresses, holiday dates, the date and time the booking was made, how payment was made and the correspondence between the you and the guests.
- Information you provide me with in order to answer or respond to an enquiry you make via a telephone conversation or email enquiry. A record of the conversation or correspondence may be kept.
- Information relating to your visit to the bookalet.co.uk website, which may include your IP address, location data, information about the device you are using to access the site, what pages you have viewed and at what time you viewed them.
Cookies are small files that are typically created when you visit a website and are stored in the cookie directory of your computer. There are two types of cookie; Persistent and Session Specific. Persistent cookies are used to collect non-personal data about how the site is being used. Session Specific cookie are used to enable you to navigate around the Bookalet site and use its functionality without having to constantly re-enter your username and password.
We specifically use Session Specific cookies so once logged in you can easily navigate around the site. We also use Google analytics to track who is using our site.
We collect information only where necessary for the provision of our services to you.
You have control over what cookies to accept by changing the settings on your browser to either accept or reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Further information can be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
How We Use Your Data
We use your data to run the Bookalet website; providing owners with an online bookings system for their accommodation and to provide holidaymakers with a means of renting holiday accommodation.
- To improve our business and website.
- To fulfil our contractual obligations.
- To notify you about updates and changes to the Cottages on Arran & Bookalet service.
- To communicate with your regarding products and services we believe will be of interest to you.
- To fulfil our legal obligations.
Disclosure of information to 3rd parties
We will only disclose your data to the extent it is necessary to run our business. We will provide your personal data and information to the owners or operators of the rental accommodation that you book via the Bookalet service.
If you choose to use the Channel Management facility to sync your property, availability and pricing information to 3rd party accommodation portals, we may pass your personal data to these channels.
If we buy or sell the business or any business assets we may disclose your personal data in order to effect the transaction.
We will also disclose your personal data where required by law or to enforce our own legal rights.
How long do we retain your data?
We only retain your personal data for as long as necessary.
Specific Retention Periods:
- Enquiries via letter, email or telephone: We may retain this personal information for a period of 36 months.
- Bookalet Paid Subscriber’s Customers. We retain personal information made by customers of active Bookalet account holders for a period of 7 years. This will contain booking detail information and personal data about the guests. Bookalet account holders have the ability to shorten the retention period.
Security of personal data and Information
Bookalet on behalf of Cottages on Arran take appropriate and proportionate organisational and technical measures to secure your personal information and data and to protect it against unlawful use and/or accidental loss. All data is held on secure servers with access limited to account holders and authorised internal staff. All data transferred to and from the Bookalet platform is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
You may request us to provide you with any personal information and data we hold about you. Provision of this information is subject to you providing us with appropriate evidence of your identity.
You also have the following rights with regards to your personal data:
- the right to have your information corrected
- the right to have your information removed
- the right to restrict processing of your information
- the right to object to processing of your information
- the right to receive your information in a portable format
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority
In the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Please visit: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Cottages on Arran is the Trading Name of Penelope Ann Brass. Bookalet is a trading name of BnBSelec.com Ltd.
Please address correspondence to:
The Data Controller
Mrs P A Brass
Isle of Arran
Alternatively, you can telephone us on: 01770 302064 or fill in the ‘Contact Us’ form on the https://www.cottagesonarran.co.uk website.
Version 1.0 25 May 2018