Ashlea Magic, Red Squirrel Cottage, Kings Cross, Whiting Bay
- Sleeps 2
- Saturday Changeovers
- Dogs very welcome
- Perfect tranquillity
- Beautiful views
- A warm welcome guaranteed
- Ideal for a relaxing holiday for singles or couple
Cosy and comfortable, a newly renovated cottage with contemporary styling in a traditional stone building.
You can contact your hosts, using the Contact Owner link above or by telephone to 01770 700 514 or visit their website
- The cottage extends to around 50m2 and is fully equipped for maximum two persons.
- The bedroom has a kingsize bed and quality 100% cotton bedding. Hand and bath towels provided.
- The lounge is open plan to the kitchen/diner, with living flame gas fire and TV/DVD.
- The kitchen is new and modern, with dishwasher and full size gas cooker, under-counter fridge with icebox and a microwave. Tea towels and cleaning materials provided.
- The shower room has a large built in shower with glazed door. Oil central heating throughout supplies plenty of hot water. Broadband is available.
- Our favourite spot is the lovely bright conservatory from where you can relax and enjoy a quiet drink or a coffee and take in the views across the garden to the fields and the sea beyond.
Dogs are welcome!
- We welcome up to two well-behaved dogs, with hard floors throughout the cottage and an enclosed private garden. The sofa has washable removable covers though we do request dogs are kept off furniture please, including the bed, and dog blankets can be provided on request.If you wish to bring more than two dogs, please contact us to discuss further.
- We also offer an external dog shower with hot and cold water on tap for that very special spa experience for our canine guests who all receive a special welcome pack of locally made Arran Dog Biscuits and doggie towels for a rub down from a walk.
- Plenty of interesting walks suitable for all sorts of hound. We also have our own dog, a big, beautiful, gentle Borzoi, and can recommend appropriate walking routes through our own grounds and woodland to the beach as well as further afield locally.
- Due to the free range nature of some of our livestock, including chickens, we do ask that you keep your dog on a lead around the farm buildings, and do not enter into any of the fields with livestock. This is for the safety of you, your dog and our livestock, which although used to being around people, can be unpredictable. We have one large field dedicated to dog walking which provides plenty of interesting trails and scents!
The cottage has a sunny enclosed private garden laid to lawn, and is surrounded by hedges and a tall fence on one side. There is ample outdoor seating provided and a gate giving direct access to our fields.
The quiet, sandy and pebble beach at Sandbraes adjoins our land via a private path network through our fields. Please note the paths can be steep and muddy in places. Our paths offer direct access to the beach and the Arran Coastal Way.
There are numerous pleasant walking routes in the area which can be directly accessed from the cottage, or can be found nearby around the island.