The Old Schoolhouse, Kildonan
- is an attractive family villa, Sleeping 7
- Saturday Changeover
- 2 Dogs by arrangement
- Ground floor Double En Suite bedroom
- Bar and restaurant in the village.
You can contact the owner by email at the Contact owner link above or by phone
Ms Vivienne Sillar
Tel: 01246 566164 / 07814733789
The Old Schoolhouse, Kildonan is self-catered accommodation by the sea on the most southerly tip of Scotland’s beautiful Isle of Arran. The house is owned by a family who want you to enjoy this hidden corner of the country as much as they do. The house is fast developing its own fan base, who return year after year.
Situated in the small village of Kildonan in one of the most enviable locations on the island, with spectacular sea views across to Pladda, Ailsa Craig and across the Firth of Clyde. This historical property was originally a school mistress’s house for over 100 years before being fully refurbished and modernised. Big enough for groups of up to 7 or warm enough for couples to enjoy a home from home escape. The beach is 150 metres walk from the front door.
The Old Schoolhouse Accommodation includes:
- Entrance porch; (for coats, boots, golf clubs, buckets and spades).
- Large diner kitchen with wood burning stove and storage heater, electric cooker, fridge, freezer, larder and microwave, washing machine.
- Lounge; TV with DVD player, wood burning stove and storage heater, range of family games, books and DVD’s for holiday couch potatoes.
- Downstairs double bedroom with en-suite toilet and shower and sink.
- Upstairs; Large Double bedroom with 2 walk in wardrobes.
- Family bedroom (3 single beds).
- Bathroom with shower.
- Shed for storing bikes etc.
- Available on request are travel cot, high chair and stair gate (used when dogs are visiting too!)
- Wifi is included and a landline phone is available for incoming calls only.
- The house was originally built around 1860 for a village school. It boasts uninterrupted sea views to be enjoyed from every room. The enclosed lawned garden is south facing catching the sun throughout the day. There is an outside patio area with large picnic table, sun loungers and garden chairs provided.
- If you’re looking for luxury accommodation this is not for you, however, The Old Schoolhouse is perfect for family gatherings, activity holidays or a comfortable, cozy retreat from busy lifestyles.
- Wildlife spotters will not be disappointed; gannets, sea otters, seals, dolphins, red squirrels, heron, buzzards, curlews can all be seen from the windows. Not to mention the submarines and boats of all sizes.
- There are several good sandy beaches approx. 150 metres from the house for swimming and playing
- There are excellent coastal and inland walks straight from the front door.
- Plenty of off road car parking is available by the house and it is on the bus route.
- Stargazers will appreciate the lack of light pollution with a huge expanse of sky on view as well as stunning sunsets.
- Festive Break prices on request.