Mountain View, Corrie is a detached cottage (new photos soon) .
- located in the picturesque coastal village of Corrie, six miles north of Brodick.
- The house has an elevated position above the village, and commands magnificent views across the Firth of Clyde and towards the Ayrshire Coast and the islands of Bute and Cumbrae.
- Check our other property Cliff Cottage in Corrie too
You can contact owners Anne & Ronnie Logan on the Contact Owner link above or by telephone
0141 942 5808 or 077874 15719
- The house has been in the Logan family since it was built by the current owner’s great, great grandfather in the 19th century. It has been extended and improved over the years and now looks relatively modern from the outside but still retains many of its original internal features.
- Mountain View has traditionally been a popular summer retreat for those with a disposition for arts, crafts, poetry and literature. During the early 1900s Mountain View was let each summer to Jessie M King, a well-known artist and book illustrator of the Art Nouveau period. She was a friend of the architect Charles Rennie Mackintosh, who is said to have come to Corrie to visit her in this house.
- ‘Mountain View’ is about 100 metres from the shore and the centre of the village where there is a hotel and a fish and seafood restaurant and deli. It is also just a short walk from the path to Goatfell and within easy access of Sannox beach, Corrie Golf Course and tearoom and pony trekking at North Sannox.
More Information About Mountain View:
- Access is by a single track surfaced road which goes up the hill from the main coastal road through the village.
- Parking is for 2 cars but additional space is available at the bottom of the hill.
- There is a terraced garden with drying area and garden furniture to the side of the cottage and at the front there is a deck with seating facing the sea – an ideal place for al fresco dining.
- Double glazing, electric central heating.
- Bed linen and towels are provided but please bring beach / outdoor towels/rugs.
- High chair, travel cot and stair gate available on request.
- Selection of reading materials on Arran, Scottish history, boating and the sea, nature and other topics of interest to visitors.
Accommodation, Ground Floor has:
- A living /dining room with uninterrupted sea views. It has a woodburning stove and wall mounted 32″ LCD TV with Freeview.
- A sitting room with uninterrupted sea views. It has a real fire, TV, DVD player, radio and games.
- A well equipped kitchen with dishwasher.
- A shower room with walk in electric shower and heated towel rail.
- A utility/laundry room with washing machine, tumble drier and ironing facilities etc.
Upstairs has uninterrupted sea views from:
- A small lounge with a sofa and a wall mounted 32″ LCD TV with Freeview – ideal if you want to get ‘away from it all’ or to keep an ear and eye on sleeping children!
- 2 Bedrooms – one with double bed and single bed and the other with twin beds. (Electric blankets on beds upstairs for the chilly months!).
- Weekly, midweek and weekend breaks available throughout the year.
- Changeover Days: Normally Saturdays but these can be flexible during off-peak times.
- Entry to Mountain View would usually be from 4pm and guests should vacate by 10am on departure day to allow cleaning and linen service.
- A non-refundable deposit of £100 per booked week is payable on booking, with the balance due four weeks prior to arrival. Payment is by cheque or direct bank transfer.