Pladda Cottage, Auchenhew, Kildonan
- Sleeps 4
- Saturday Changeovers (and Wednesday during off peak season).
- Pets welcome by arrangement with owner.
- Single storey
- Elevated coastal and rural views
- Short breaks available End of October to March inclusive.
- Book Online
Pladda Cottage is a small, single storey character cottage situated in a cliff top location just outside Kildonan, 13 miles south of the Brodick ferry terminal. Bought in 2021 it has undergone a full renovation and was lovingly refurbished by its new owners to provide upgraded accommodation whilst incorporating some of the work of the many artists on Arran.
Located within a mile of the cottage are the beautiful Eas Mor forests and stunning waterfall, Kildonan beaches and seals. The cottage is also on the 323 bus route and within a mile of the Arran Coastal Way.
- There are 2 bedrooms, a double with partial sea views across the courtyard setting and a cosy twin bedroom. Both bedrooms have wardrobes and plenty of drawer space. The open plan area provides the dining, lounge and kitchen facilities.
- The newly fitted kitchen has brand new appliances including large fridge with freezer, BOSCH dishwasher, microwave, induction hob, electric oven and BOSCH washer/dryer. In the lounge area the television and Freesat box enable access to free and on demand television including BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub (and Netflix and Amazon Prime Video for those with subscriptions). There is also a DVD player.
- The new bathroom has an electric pumped shower over the bath, demister mirror and towel radiator. Sense of Scotland (Arran Aromatics) toiletries are provided. All rooms enjoy modern electric radiator heating, and the lounge has an artificial wood burner, perfect for cosy nights in.
- The cottage has its own private patio area immediately outside the cottage with a picnic bench and chimnea. This area is accessed via patio doors providing partial sea views. In addition there is use of an extensive grassed area which has two benches and provides breath taking sea views of Kildonan and North Ayrshire; ideal for star gazing at night.
- The Kildonan Hotel is 2 miles from the cottage, the latter mile providing leisurely walks along the beach where otters and dolphins can sometimes be seen.
- 4.5 miles west of the cottage are the hamlets of Lagg and Kilmory, both of which provide walks to the stunning Torrylinn Beach. Other amenities here include the Lagg hotel where red squirrels can often be seen, Velo Café, Honesty Box at Clachaig farm (providing seasonal vegetables, eggs and some meat products) and Lagg Distillery which has 2 cafes. The Lagg hotel is the perfect local place to go for a posh or special occasion dinner, and the Velo Café next door provides wonderful home made soups and cakes.
- 5 miles north is Whiting Bay where cafes, restaurants, food store, petrol station, garage, golf club, post office and wool and local craft shop can be found. There are also village halls at Kildonan, Kilmory and Whiting Bay at which local events such as craft markets and seasonal events are often held. The famous 12 hole golf course is in Blackwaterfoot with a very popular restaurant, The Tee Room, booking is advised (01770 860 7770).
- Planned for Spring 2023 is the opening of a café at Eas Mor which will be 0.5 miles from the cottage.
- All bed linen and towels are provided, though we kindly ask guests to bring their own beach towels. Check out time is 10am and check in time is 4pm to enable preparation for our next guests.