- Grianan Cottage is ideal for family holidays across the generations or two families holidaying together as it is ALL on one level.
- Saturday Changeovers
- Sleeps 8
- Pets by arrangement.
You can contact the owner using the Contact Owner link above or by phone Pat Palmer
Tel: 01292 442987 or 07751 637583
- Welcome to Grianan Cottage, a purpose built, self-catering accommodation on the shore of the southern tip of Arran. Refurbished in 2019 the cottage now offers a panoramic vista from indoors as well as the new decking area. Pat and Chris are delighted to offer their cottage to holidaymakers of all ages. Pat’s family have been enjoying holidays in Kildonan for over ninety years. The lure of this idyllic corner of Arran is irresistible. Many families return year after year.
- LOCATION and FACILITIES include:
- WILDLIFE that can be observed daily from the Cottage include seals, otters, gannets, herons, oystercatchers, curlews and redshank. If you are very lucky you might also observe a hare, basking shark, porpoise or dolphin (binoculars are available). Red squirrels regularly raid the bird feeders at the back of the cottage.
- SPECTACULAR sunsets and a great opportunity to stargaze due to the absence of light pollution.
- 700m walk (past swings) to a sandy beach. About 700m walk to a second sandy beach. Rock pools, safe swimming and a chance to explore the ever-changing sea shore. Longer walks to Whiting Bay over the hill or along the rocky shore to Kilmory.
- AMPLE parking space. Adjacent to the bus route from the ferry.
- KILDONAN Hotel is approx 600 metres away . An historic hotel offering a friendly bar, restaurant and live music.
- GOLF at Whiting Bay is ten minute drive away. It is also just a thirty minute drive to the distinctive and highly-rated 12 hole course at Shiskine. The Cottage is also an ideal base for walkers and cyclists.
- LAGG Distillery, opened in 2019, offers a warm welcome, tasty meals, tours and a shop. Well worth a visit.
- GRIANAN COTTAGE is the perfect opportunity for you and your friends or family to create your own personal holiday however busy or relaxing you choose to be. We hope to welcome you very soon.
- Fancy a beach walk after Christmas Lunch? For Festive breaks in Grianan Cottage please contact the owner who can discuss and arrange suitable, flexible dates with you. The prices shown here and check in/out days are just a guideline for this period. Throughout the rest of the year the changeover day is a Saturday.