- Sleeps 11
- 3 bathrooms (1 with a shower)
- Saturday changeovers
- Dogs welcome by arrangement with owner
- Wi-fi access
- Landline telephone access
- Cot available on request
- Walking distance to the Standing Stones
- 8-minute drive to local amenities
Contact owner Judy Boscawen direct on the Contact Owner link above or by telephone
Tel: 01403 822364
The owner welcomes you to look at 2 further properties in Machrie –
Cairnfield (sleeps 10) and Rowanbank (Sleeps 4-5)
- This former farmhouse at Machrie looks across the Kilbrannan Sound to Kintyre. The house is approximately 600 yards from the sea through the fields. Standing on its own, it is surrounded by the most wonderful views with the hills forming a very beautiful backdrop. There is plenty of parking space available.
- Balnagore sleeps up to 11 people. There are 3 x double, 2 x twin and 1 x single rooms.
- The master bedroom is located on the ground floor to the rear of the property. It has a king-sized bed and an open fire with double aspect windows providing views of the garden and the hills to the north.
- Upstairs to the rear of the property, the main farmhouse comprises a double bedroom, a twin bedroom, and a single room with a 2’ 6” bed.
- Above the main sitting room there is another twin bedroom, and a dormitory room containing a double and two single beds.
- There is a bathroom located downstairs adjacent to the master bedroom and up the rear stairs in the main farmhouse.
- The main sitting room has been converted from the old barn. An unusual feature, the open fireplace has a window looking out to sea – the perfect place to watch Machrie’s incredible sunsets. There is also a flat screen TV with Sky Freeview and a DVD player provided.
- A large dining table is at the other end of the living room.
- The kitchen has an electric cooker, dishwasher, fridge-freezer, and microwave. There is also a smaller dining table in here.
- The utility is located off the kitchen and has its own separate entrance and cloak room for storing coats and boots. There is an additional fridge and chest freezer, as well as a washing machine, tumble dryer, ironing facilities and large sink.
- The shower room is located at the end of the utility, along with a toilet and sink.
- There is also another cosy sitting room with open fire – the telephone and Wi-fi router are located here.
- There are two maintained lawns at Balnagore. There is an enclosed garden at the main entrance to the property and a large open garden to the other side with panoramic views across Machrie.
- There is outbuilding space for bicycles, and you can also find the table-tennis table in here.
- Board games are available.
- Heating is via a central heating system with electric radiators.
- A BBQ and outdoor seating are available.
- Coal is provided at an additional cost.
- Electricity is charged at an additional rate.
- Linen and towels are provided on request of an extra charge per person.
You can also visit the owners website here