- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bathrooms, 1 Shower room and a W/C
- Saturday changeovers
- Dogs welcome by arrangement with owner
- Wi-fi access
- Cot available on request
- Walking distance to the beach
- On bus route
- 7-minute drive to local amenities
- The owner of this property has been granted the temporary Existing Host Licence with North Ayrshire Council Reference NA00102C, pending the full licence application.
Contact owner Mrs Clare Boscawen direct on the Contact Owner link above or by telephone
Telephone: 01763 284 034
The owner has 2 more properties in Machrie which you are welcome to visit
Balnagore (sleeps 11)and Rowanbank (sleeps 4-5)
- Cairnfield is a former farmhouse built in the late 1870’s and extended in the 1920s. The approach is down an attractive farm lane which leads into the old farmyard. There is plenty of parking space and the local bus service runs both North and South from the roadside.
- Cairnfield sleeps up to 10 people. All bedrooms are located upstairs and there are 2 x double, 2 x twin and 2 x single rooms (1 being a 2.5-foot child’s bed).
- There are 4 bathrooms upstairs. The master bedroom is en-suite and the second double room has the option for the bathroom to be en-suite or a separate bathroom.
- The main sitting room is spacious with an open fire and a bow window, with fine views across the Kilbrannan Sound to Kintyre. The Wi-fi router is in this room.
- Next door there is a cosy sitting room with a flat screen television with Sky Freeview and a DVD player provided.
- The fully fitted kitchen has equipment which includes electric cooker, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, and double stainless-steel sink. There is also a large kitchen table.
- The large dining room has a 10-seater table. There is also a serving hatch, which opens to the kitchen and an open fire making it a great space for entertaining.
- The utility room off the kitchen has a washing machine, tumble drier, ironing facilities, fridge, and a small chest freezer. Off this room there is a handy walk-in shower room and a separate toilet and sink.
- The front porch has coat hooks with a heater below – the perfect place for drying wet coats and boots.
- There are extensive, enclosed and maintained gardens at Cairnfield, leading off the old farmyard offering spectacular views across Machrie.
- There is outbuilding space for bicycles.
- Board games are available.
- Heating is via a central heating system with electric radiators.
- A BBQ and outdoor seating are available.
- Coal is provided at an additional cost.
- Electricity is charged at an additional rate.
- Linen and towels are provided on request of an extra charge per person.
- You can also visit the owners website here