- Sleeps 4-5 people (2 extra people can be accommodated using the sofa bed in the sitting room)
- 2 bathrooms (1 with a shower) and a W/C
- Friday Changeovers
- Dogs welcome by arrangement with owner
- Wi-fi access
- Cot available on request
- Walking distance to the beach
- On bus route
- 7-minute drive to local amenities
You can contact the owner by email using the Contact Owner link above or by telephone to
Judy Boscawen, 01403 822364
The owner has two further properties in Machrie which you are welcome to visit.
Balnagore (sleeps 11) and Cairnfield (sleeps 10).
- Rowanbank is a former farm and Post Office, situated in Machrie with spectacular scenery across the Kilbrannan Sound to Kintyre. The sea is only a four-minute walk down the adjacent lane. There is plenty of parking space and the local bus service runs both North and South from the roadside.
- Rowanbank sleeps 4-5 people (2 extra people can be accommodated using the sofa bed in the sitting room). There is 1 king size bedroom (can become a twin on request) and a twin bedroom. There is also a dressing room with a 2′ 6″ single bed. Both bedrooms are en-suite, one with a separate walk-in shower.
- The cottage is all on one level, with a step up to the sitting room and is entered by a large south facing porch with plenty of room for two to three people to sit.
- The hall/dining room has an open fireplace, dining table and door to the garden. The wi-fi router is located here.
- The large sitting room has an open fireplace and vaulted ceiling. There is a flat screen television with Sky Freeview and a DVD player provided.
- There is a fully fitted kitchen adjacent to the hall/dining room with electric cooker, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Next to the kitchen in the utility room is a sink, washing machine, tumble dryer, ironing facilities and a coat rack in the hallway. There is also a separate toilet and sink off the utility.
- There is a large, enclosed and maintained garden at Rowanbank, which runs the length of the house. There are spectacular views across Machrie Bay and over the sea towards Kintyre.
- There is outbuilding space for bicycles.
- Board games are available.
- Heating is via electric night storage heaters throughout.
- A BBQ and outdoor seating are available.
- Coal is provided at an additional cost.
- Electricity is charged at an additional rate.
- Linen and towels are provided in the price.
- You can visit the owner’s own website here.