- Sleeps 4-5 people (2 extra people can be accommodated using the sofa bed in the sitting room)
- 2 bathrooms (1 with a shower) and a W/C
- Friday Changeovers
- Dogs welcome by arrangement with owner
- Wi-fi access
- Cot available on request
- Walking distance to the beach
- On bus route
- 7-minute drive to local amenities
Contact owner Mrs Clare Boscawen direct on the Contact Owner link above or by telephone
Telephone: 01763 284 034
The owner has two further properties in Machrie which you are welcome to visit.
Balnagore (sleeps 11) and Cairnfield (sleeps 10).
- Rowanbank is a former farm and Post Office, situated in Machrie with spectacular scenery across the Kilbrannan Sound to Kintyre. The sea is only a four-minute walk down the adjacent lane. There is plenty of parking space and the local bus service runs both North and South from the roadside.
- Rowanbank sleeps 4-5 people (2 extra people can be accommodated using the sofa bed in the sitting room). There is 1 king size bedroom (can become a twin on request) and a twin bedroom. There is also a dressing room with a 2′ 6″ single bed. Both bedrooms are en-suite, one with a separate walk-in shower.
- The cottage is all on one level, with a step up to the sitting room and is entered by a large south facing porch with plenty of room for two to three people to sit.
- The hall/dining room has an open fireplace, dining table and door to the garden. The wi-fi router is located here.
- The large sitting room has an open fireplace and vaulted ceiling. There is a flat screen television with Sky Freeview and a DVD player provided.
- There is a fully fitted kitchen adjacent to the hall/dining room with electric cooker, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Next to the kitchen in the utility room is a sink, washing machine, tumble dryer, ironing facilities and a coat rack in the hallway. There is also a separate toilet and sink off the utility.
- There is a large, enclosed and maintained garden at Rowanbank, which runs the length of the house. There are spectacular views across Machrie Bay and over the sea towards Kintyre.
- There is outbuilding space for bicycles.
- Board games are available.
- Heating is via electric night storage heaters throughout.
- A BBQ and outdoor seating are available.
- Coal is provided at an additional cost.
- Electricity is charged at an additional rate.
- Linen and towels are provided in the price.
- You can visit the owner’s own website here.